A few months ago, Wendy, my dad Doug's wife, called to plan a surprise weekend visit for me to come and see my dad and my eight year old sister Jessica at there house in Bonney Lake, Washington. I went at the end of October and we had a lot of fun. Some of the highlights of our weekend together are shown in pictures below.
.
.
.
We went to a fun pumpkin patch that had a really neat corn maze with a Narnia theme. The goal was to find the 6 hidden mailboxes within the maze before exiting, and we did it!
.
.
Over the past year they have been busy getting there property ready to accommodate horses and they now have 3 quarter horses. With watching them work with the horses, learning more about them and the idea of natural horsemanship and getting several chances to ride them myself, I discovered that I have a huge desire to learn more about horses, especially about how they think and how best to communicate with them and I hope to have more opportunities to ride them, watch them, etc... in the future!
Riding Velvet in the round pen where they work with the horses a lot.
Me and Magic after he let me ride him and practice going from a trot into a cantor! I was determined to at least get to experience that even for a few seconds, and wow do they get moving pretty fast!
We borrowed another horse, Ray, from their neighbors that have an arena and several horses so that we could all go on a trail ride together one time.
No comments:
Post a Comment